Punakha Winter Trek
No Videos Found...
About : Punakha Winter Trek
Punakha Winter trek is a short and easy trek through Punakha, the ancient capital of Bhutan. The altitude of the trail covers almost a thousand meters in range but the slopes are mostly gradual and should not present hikers with much difficulty.
This hike follows the old foot trail from Thimphu to Punakha passes through several villages, forests and rice fields. It offers incredible views of Phajoding Monastery and crosses through Sinchula Pass. Hikers will also camp near Chorten Ningpo, an ancient chorten linked to Bhutan’s favorite patron saint, The Divine Madman Lam Drukpa Kuenley.
Due to the low altitude and warm climate of the area, this hike is available all winter but the best times to go are between March-May and September-November.
Day 1: Chamina – Dopshing Pang
7-8 hours, ascends 3,400m. Drive north up the valley towards Dechencholing Palace, following the Thimphu Chhu, crossing the bridge after the army camp and before a beautiful monastery. Follow the unsealed road just above Chamina village. The hikes start here.
Day 2: Dopshing Pang – Chorten Ningpo
8 hours, camp altitude 2,700 m. The trek to Chorten Ningpo is rather gradual and will take trekkers through thick forests, villages and rice fields.
Punakha Winter Trek – Finish
The trek finishes at Chorten Ningpo which is linked to Drukpa Kuenley, better known as the “divine madman”.
- All Meals.
- Accommodation at 3-star hotel
- All transportation.
- Government fee, royalty, taxes & surcharges.
- Entrance fees for Museums and Monuments.
- A qualified and licensed English-speaking guide.
- Experienced driver and tour vehicle.
- Mineral bottled water.
- Fully-serviced camping trek
- Expenditure of personal nature
- Travel Insurance (can be arranged with us)
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Alcoholic drink
- Personal trekking gears such as sleeping bag, clothing, shoes, etc.
- The cost incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc.
- The personal expense of items such as laundry, soft drinks, Camera Charges, Bottle water.
- Incidentals, Portage, Bellboy charges tips or any other services.