Samtengang Winter Trek
No Videos Found...
About : Samtengang Winter Trek
Samtengang Winter is four-day trek is a short and pleasant journey from Punakha to Wangduephodrang Dzongkhag in Bhutan. It is a fairly easy trek as the altitude only ranges between 1100-1900m and the climate is warm throughout the hike.
The path takes you through forests of rhododendron and oak, through the villages of Sha and Chungsakha and across the longest footbridge in Bhutan. While Samtengang Winter trek is available throughout the winter the best times to embark on it are between March-April and September and October. The trail is approximately 54km in length.
Day 1: Punakha – Limukha
Distance 12 km, 4 hours, 880 m ascent, camp altitude 1,980 m. After passing majestic Punakha Dzong you cross a footbridge over the Pho Chhu and walk up to Shengana. This is the longest bridge in Bhutan. You then climb gradually through the forest until you reach Limukha.
Day 2: Limukha – Chhungsakha
Distance 14 km, 5 hours, 430 m descent, camp altitude 1,550 m. The path leads through rhododendron and oak forests to Chhungsakha. Chungsakha is a small village of about 10 houses. You’ll find a holy stone and an impressive Cyprus tree here that are reminders of Drukpa Kuenley.
Day 3: Chhungsakha – Samtengang
Distance 13 km, 5 hours, 650 m ascent, 270 m descent, camp altitude 1,830 m. You walk downhill until you cross Pe Chhu before climbing again through the village of Sha on your way to Samtengang. Near the school in Samtengang, you will see a small lake and your campsite is right next to it.
Day 4: Samtengang – Chhuzomsa
Distance 15 km, 5-6 hours, 730 m descent. The trail leads steeply downhill on a treeless slope to the road head at Chhuzomsa.
- All Meals.
- Accommodation at 3-star hotel
- All transportation.
- Government fee, royalty, taxes & surcharges.
- Entrance fees for Museums and Monuments.
- A qualified and licensed English-speaking guide.
- Experienced driver and tour vehicle.
- Mineral bottled water.
- Fully-serviced camping trek
- Expenditure of personal nature
- Travel Insurance (can be arranged with us)
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Alcoholic drink
- Personal trekking gears such as sleeping bag, clothing, shoes, etc.
- The cost incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc.
- The personal expense of items such as laundry, soft drinks, Camera Charges, Bottle water.
- Incidentals, Portage, Bellboy charges tips or any other services.
No Fixed Departure Found!
Click to Customize your Trip
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.