No Videos Found...
About : Gangtey Trek
Although the trek is possible throughout the winter, the best time for the Gangtey Trek is between March-May and September-November. It is a short and relatively easy trek with several beautiful villages and monasteries en route.
The trail winds through forests of juniper, bamboo, magnolia, and rhododendrons and over small streams of cold, clear mountain water. This trek is an excellent choice for those visitors not accustomed to trekking in the mountains as it offers beautiful views of the country with mostly gentle, forested slopes. The best time for this trek is between September-May.
Day 1: Phobjikha – Zasa
Distance 15 km, 6-7 hours, 610 m ascent, 410 m descent, camp altitude 3,130 m. The Trek starts near the village of Tabiting. The trail winds through meadows and fields and the climb takes you through a mixed forest of juniper, bamboo, magnolia, and rhododendron to Tsele La (3430m).
Day 2: Zasa – Chorten Karpo
Distance 16 km, 5-7 hours, 450 m ascent, 860 m descent, camp altitude 3,330 m. A gentle climb leads to Shobe La pass (3,480m). The descent from the pass leads to a wide valley, surrounded by beautiful mountain ranges. Below the route, one can see Khothokha, a village with about 60 houses.
Day 3: Chorten Karpo – Tikke Zampa
Distance 12km, four to five hours, 120m ascent, 1,340m descent. From the camp, you climb till you reach a forest road. From here it’s an easy walk up to a little ridge at 2,800m. The walk down back into the valley leads you through Bhutan’s best bird watching areas.
Gangtey Trek – Finish
- All Meals.
- Accommodation at 3-star hotel
- All transportation.
- Government fee, royalty, taxes & surcharges.
- Entrance fees for Museums and Monuments.
- A qualified and licensed English-speaking guide.
- Experienced driver and tour vehicle.
- Mineral bottled water.
- Fully-serviced camping trek
- Expenditure of personal nature
- Travel Insurance (can be arranged with us)
- Tips for the guide and driver
- Alcoholic drink
- Personal trekking gears such as sleeping bag, clothing, shoes, etc.
- The cost incurred due to mishaps, strikes, political unrest etc.
- The personal expense of items such as laundry, soft drinks, Camera Charges, Bottle water.
- Incidentals, Portage, Bellboy charges tips or any other services.
No Fixed Departure Found!
Click to Customize your Trip
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.